My friend Van sent me a great treat this week--the DVD version of From the Pound to the Palace. This sweet story tells of a dog, Air, and his misfortune of being lost. He ends up in the pound where he is rescued by a boy and his mother. Air quickly decides that he never wants to leave his master and be lost again. Besides the wonderful kid-friendly parallel to the relationship we should have with our Master, the DVD also features the voice talents of Renee Swope and her two boys. "Air" does a wonderful job of narrating the story with enthusiasm and expression. He definitely grabbed my little ones' attention because after we had played it through once, Emily Anne asked for a repeat performace! A bonus feature of the DVD is an abundance of scripture and discussion questions to provoke thought about our relationships with the Lord. I'm looking forward to repeat showings of the DVD and further probing the discussion questions. You can get your own copy of the book or DVD at Proverbs 31 Ministries.
Also, I was tagged yesterday by Rachel at Keep the Way to share 7 random facts about myself. Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here are my 7 random facts:
1. My one claim to fame is being named one of 5 finalists for South Carolina Teacher of the Year for 2002.
2. At the SC TOY Banquet, I was able to meet one of my favorite authors, Pat Conroy (The Prince of Tides), and he remembered me a year later at a book signing!
3. My little toes are sideways when my feet are flat on the floor. My husband hates that!
4. My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in an Irish castle.
5. I've been zip-lining in Costa Rica. This activity was very out of character for me, but I'm so glad I did it. You could see howler monkeys in the trees beside us and see the rainforest canopy (we were 200 feet up part of the way).
6. I love tea! I collect tea pots and tea cups. I prefer loose teas over tea bags, and my favorites right now are Harney & Sons Indian Spice (for chai) and Chocolate Mint. Yum!
7. I've taught myself to sew and smock. Here's a dress I smocked for my daughter (I didn't sew this one, though).
So, now you know a little more about me. I'm not sure that I have seven readers, so if you read this, consider yourself tagged!
Have a blessed Easter weekend!