Monday, July 21, 2008

Beach Portraits


Over July the week of July 4th, Emily Anne, Will, and I went down to my parents' place at the beach. My sister, her husband, and their daughter were also visiting. My mother has been wanting one of the ubiquitous beach portraits of our family for a long time. July is a busy time at work for Joel, so he had to drive down on Sunday, the only time he had. My mother's father also joined us for the portrait session.

During the session, my sister, who is a great photographer herself, snapped these pictures. I think some of these are as good or better than the professional shots.


Here is Will playing in the sand. He was much more interested in playing in the sand than posing for pictures!

Here is Emily Anne with her cousin Katy.


Here is Emily Anne with Daddy.

Can't you tell she's just the apple of his eye?


Emily Anne and Mommy


I think this picture is so sweet!

EA already knows how to work the camera!

In August we are vacationing with Joel's extended family and will have portraits made of his side of the family, this time in the mountains! I think we'll have our choice of pretty backgrounds for
Christmas cards this year!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Beautiful portraits, beautiful family!
I wish I could figure out how to post more than one photo on my blog!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Celly, I don't know how I missed seeing this post until now. The photos are wonderful and you all are a very handsome/beautiful fam!