"If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink." (John 7:37b)
Feeling a bit parched? Searching to quench that thirst with an iced tea or Diet Coke? Dive into the Word for real refreshment!I try to be diligent in my Bible reading and am often rewarded by God's speaking to my heart through particular scriptures. I pause and sometimes even write them down. The reflection usually ends there, however. This year, I would like to pursue the verses that God lays on my heart by pondering how He wants me to apply these verses in my life.
Here is what spoke to me this week:
I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
- Praise be to you, O LORD; teach me your decrees. (Psalm 119:12)
- Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. (Psalm 119:18)
- I recounted my ways and you answered me; teach me your decrees. (Psalm 119:26)
- Let me understand the teaching of your precepts; then I will meditate on your wonders. (Psalm 119:27)
- My soul is weary with sorrow; strenghten me according to your word. (Psalm 119:28)
- Teach me , O LORD, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end. (Psalm 119:33)
- Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart. (Psalm 119:34)
- Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight. (Psalm 119:35)
- The earth is full of your love, O LORD; teach me your decrees. (Psalm 119:64
- Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands. (Psalm 119:66)
- You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees. (Psalm 119:68)
- Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands. (Psalm 119:73)
- Accept, O LORD, the living praise of my mouth, and teach me your laws. (Psalm 119:108)
- Deal with your servant according to your love and teach me your decrees. (Psalm 119:124)
- I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes. (Psalm 119:125)
- Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees (Psalm 119:135)
- Your statutes are forever right; give me understanding that I may live. (Psalm 119:144)
- May my cry come before you, O LORD; give me understanding according to your word. (Psalm 119: 169)
These verses are just those that directly petition God for His help in understanding His Word. There are many more verses in Psalm 119 that could be used for prayer in Bible study, too.
So, what verses have spoken to you this week? Post those verses on your own blog, along with how you see that God wants you to apply them in your life. Then, provide your link below so that we can drink from one another's wells of scripture.