Monday, January 21, 2008

Telling Our Stories

Congratulations to the winner's of the Proverbs 31 Magazine writing contest: Carol Hatcher, Amy Brooke, and Miss Sandy! Kudos also to the Honorable Mentions: Sumi, Linda, Dee Dee, and Jess. I had read each of these entries on Saturday and remember being specially touched by each one. I rejoice with you all as God opens up this avenue for you to share your stories! You can read the winning entries here, and also access the complete list of one hundred or so entries here. You will be blessed by them all!

I was completely awestruck by the accounts of how God has worked in so many lives and how He has equipped so many to tell of their encounters with Him. He has definitely put forth a calling to many of us. With this idea fresh in mind, I wanted to share another writing opportunity with you all.

Jennifer Petitt of Front Yard Press is compiling a book of salvation testimonies. You can read more about the project here and find common questions and answers about the book here. So many of you had such wonderful stories of God's intervention in your lives, that I thought this project might appeal to you.

Happy writing!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Thank you for the congrats and for your recent visit to Quill Cottage and for your sweet comments. Feel free to visit any time and blessings on your day!

Miss Sandy

Rachel Harris said...

Thank you for adding me to your blog roll!!! How exciting! I have also added you to mine :-)

Thank you for the encouragement... I will definitely be checking back soon!

Blessings
Rachel

Amy O'Quinn said...

Hi there,
Thanks so much for coming by my blog and for your kind words. It sounds as though we have a lot in common! I will definitely be coming back here for more visits...I can tell you have lots of great things to share!:o)And it's always nice to 'meet' new friends!
I enjoyed the P31 contest as well...there are a lot of talented ladies out there. I went to She Speaks last year, and it was a wonderful experience!
We love the Classical/CM way of homeschooling since we are a very 'literature' type of family! I just know you'll love homeschooling as well!
Once again, thanks for your visit and encouragement!
Blessings for a wonderful week, and I'll be adding you to my Bloglines!
Amy O.
picketfencemom